Seven Photographers - Seven Lenses - Seven Days

02 October, 2009

colon backslash


today i had an interim critique with my fashion teacher. the project on hand is to complete the FIT portfolio components, create a collection inspired by an object, and render a garment made over the summer. my critique was somewhat of a shock to me. i thought my progress would have been much more impressive to my teacher, but she ended up finding all the flaws in my design style in general. six months ago i was receiving all kinds of compliments on my sketches, now i'm finding out that i've been doing it wrong all this time. i feel pretty disappointed and frustrated, but i can really only go up from here. hopefully i'll improve even more this year.
i know this photo isn't the greatest for detail but i unfortunately don't have a working scanner at the moment.

the latest: not the best week for me. i keep hearing things wrong and doing extra work by mistake. i'm managing a live music performance that will happen in early december and things are really starting to come together, so i'm very excited. many projects and events coming up. my favorite time of year is here.

-meredith

2 comments:

  1. A music performance you say? How facinating! I had dreams of doing that at one point. But I wouldn't know where to start. :P Who is going to be performing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's actually through school, i'm in a music computer technology class and every year we have a big three hour performance. all the students pitch in, with performing, working audio, ushering, selling tickets, parking, security, selling food, setting the stage, etc. i'm the manager this year so i have to plan it basically. it's in a church so we don't have to pay for it ha. and i'm not sure what bands exactly are playing at this moment but one of them is the celestials (myspace.com/thecelestialsmusic).

    ReplyDelete