Seven Photographers - Seven Lenses - Seven Days

17 October, 2009

clara

My latest assignment for photography class was "self portraits". One of my biggest influences/role models/etc. is the silent film actress/It girl of the 1920s, Clara Bow. There's a photo of her where she's staring straight at the camera and her face has a terribly haunting look to it. Clara had an awful childhood and was affected by the trauma of it her whole life. The photo of her shows that sorrow in her ghotsly eyes. I guess I tried to recreate that look a bit, but adding my own (less tragic) story behind it.

4 comments:

  1. I definitely get a less dark mood out of your picture. All the light - really bright in some space - conveys a lot of happiness. I also get a sense of contemplation. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. and one a much shallower note....
    chloe you always have the best hair!

    i think you captured the same dreamy look as clara in your eyes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been telling her how beautiful her short hair is ever since she got it cut. I should stop, but she's giving me no reason to. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, chris!
    haha, you guys are too nice. :)

    ReplyDelete