Seven Photographers - Seven Lenses - Seven Days

21 November, 2009

the shoe tree

One of my assignments for photography class was to take photos of "altered landscapes" and "altered lighting." This is my altered landscape, as the tree has shoes hanging all over it. This tree is on the U of MN campus. I guess that grad students or something chuck there shoes over the bridge, onto the tree after the graduate or something. I'm not sure. Some strange tradition like that. Minnesotans are weird.

p.s. Am really excited for next week! I already have my idea all planned out :)

3 comments:

  1. This still is completely bizarre to me, and I don't understand in the slightest this weird tradition. BUTTTTT, I just learned last week that apparently one dorm on my campus has a tradition of hanging underwear in the trees? :| Yup, that happened. It makes the day interesting though when you're walking to your next class and you see a pair of bright red panties, among other intimates, swaying about in the breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that reminds me of that one episode of Arthur when they go to camp. Oh, well I guess that was his underwear up a flag pole but....

    ReplyDelete