Seven Photographers - Seven Lenses - Seven Days

02 January, 2010

in the future, in the past, now the present

I thought about this topic for sort of a long time, and about how I might be able to photograph the past year. And then I remembered this photo which I took sometime last January or Febuary for a school assignment, and suddenly everything just fell together.

2009 was not a great year, but at the same time, it was fairly productive. I feel like this was the year when I really started identifying who I am. I'm unfriendly, anti-social. I'm ambitious and trusting. I'm faithful, I'm always sad. I'm an emotional cripple, a dreamer. I'm two different people sometimes. My eyes are harsh but my smile is friendly....too bad I never smile. I'm unopinionated, I'm lazy, I'm honest and blunt. I'm creative. People really do not know me. At all. They all think I'm shy and emo. Wrong. But they all think they know me anyway, so I think they're jerks for thinking so. Did that make sense? Probably not. That's another thing, I can never put words to my thoughts. I spent the past year looking into the past, thinking about who I used to be, how I changed. I thought about my family and how I've never met many of the members, but how I live everyday loving them and trying to make them proud. It's funny because I spent 2008 living in the future, 2009 living in the past. Maybe in 2010 I will live in the present and maybe I will find it more fitting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment