Seven Photographers - Seven Lenses - Seven Days

30 August, 2009

Rules / Example

The entire process of this little sociological art project is quite simple. Every artist will submit only one photograph per the day that they have chosen upon the beginning of the art project. The only time they need to update is on their day, with only that one picture. The photographs may be of anything the photographer chooses! But they should ideally be photographed on the week that it is to be uploaded.

Sometimes, the Seven Day Collective will feature a prompt or theme at the beginning of the week (examples: take a picture of a landscape; take a portrait; take a picture of an animal; etc.). All the photographers are encouraged to take similar pictures on those weeks, following the theme given. There will always be an example photograph that follows the theme. These theme weeks will be infrequent. The beginning of a new week is considered to be MONDAY, so it would be wise to check the Monday post to see what the Collective is doing on that week.

Along with their photo, the artist can include something they would like to say: an explanation of how the photo was taken, a discussion on how the picture was inspired, or a short story of the week of the photographer... whatever they'd like! So long as the entry is brief. The artist is free to write in any language they wish, but should try to keep the entries no longer than 400 words.


______________________________________________________


Each update should be in this order:


[photograph]

[optional title]

[optional text entry]


The following is an example of how an official entry should appear.










Maze

It was a quote that rang true for me more than most. "You've never been to a city until you've gotten lost in it." When you step into a foreign city for the first time, you do so as an outsider - a tourist - a mere stranger to such a gargantuan place. That's the way cities like you; they tolerate strangers, not accept them; locals only. That's how I felt when I traveled to Chicago. But that's why I ventured onto the streets alone, zigzagging the checkerboard streets, searching for the soul of Chicago. I found it. It welcomed me as a friend. I became one with the city in a sense that can only be expressed as perfect.



13 comments:

  1. I call Mondays to be my day! So I'll update every Monday starting at the beginning of next week. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Chris! I'm on Blogger now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey kids, can I grab Saturday? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yoko has taken Tuesday! The days are filling up quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm I can't decide.
    Is sunday okay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly okay! Here's the schedule folks:

    Monday - Chris
    Tuesday - Yoko
    Wednesday -
    Thursday -
    Friday -
    Saturday - Chloe
    Sunday - Ebony

    ReplyDelete
  7. there're 6 people & 7 days of the week...? or am I miscounting something?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm waiting on a response from my friend from Chile. She's a great photographer... but doesn't seem terribly interested... So I'm just giving her a few more days to let me know if she's interested or not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey there :)
    can I have thursdays?

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like I have Wednesdays!

    Hi, fellow photographers!

    Are we starting this week?

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh and my email is mbucknova@gmail.com!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The official schedule is:

    Monday - Chris
    Tuesday - Yoko
    Wednesday - Jayne
    Thursday - Magna rún
    Friday - Meredith
    Saturday - Chloe
    Sunday - Ebony

    The very first post is up!
    You guys ready? :D

    ReplyDelete